The defining entry in the psychological horror series launches today, alongside a harrowing new trailer
Kraków, Poland – June 15th, 2023 – Today, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios are proud to announce the global release of Layers of Fear (2023), the crowning achievement of the celebrated Layers of Fear series, out now on Windows PC, Apple Silicon Mac, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. As one of the first horror games built from the ground up using Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear (2023) is the definitive way to experience the critically-acclaimed franchise, featuring the original Layers of Fear, Layers of Fear 2, and all DLC’s, including a brand-new chapter exploring the story of The Writer, whose tale ties together the overarching narrative of the series. To help celebrate the launch, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios have shared a new launch trailer, giving fans one final glimpse into this world of art and darkness.
Developed on Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear (2023) supports Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution to create stunning visuals and ensure your nightmarish experience is as immersive and realistic as possible. The Standard Edition containing the base game is now available for $29.99 USD, while the Deluxe Edition—including a digital artbook and soundtrack by Arek Reikowski, a Hollywood Music in Media Awards nominee who previously scored other acclaimed Bloober Team titles including Blair Witch, Observer: System Redux and The Medium—is available for $34.99 USD. As well, to show their appreciation for fans returning to the series, the developers have set up a special, limited-time discount of 30% for both the Standard and Deluxe Editions of Layers of Fear (2023), eligible to anyone who has previously owned the original Layers of Fear, first released in 2016, and/or Layers of Fear 2, which launched in 2019. This returning-player discount will be active from launch day, June 15th, through to June 29th, 2023 16:00 UTC. Additionally, Bloober Team & Anshar Studios are offering a 15% launch discount, which will run for one week and is available for all incoming players.
Layers of Fear (2023) Key Features:
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New Tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat
Layers of Fear (2023) is published by Bloober Team and co-developed by Bloober Team and Anshar Studios and is now available as of June 15th, 2023. To remain up-to-date on the latest news, wishlist the game over on Steam, and follow Bloober Team on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.